Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Neue Seite 1

www.ANDI´S-PC-FORUM.de

TIPS & TRICKS

HILFEN ZU TYPISCHEN PC PROBLEMEN

submitter.de - Kostenloser Eintrag in über 1111 Suchmaschinen!
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 INTERNET
jennermack Offline

LEVEL 1

02.06.2018 15:29
Is there a way to repair a modem damaged by lightning? Antworten

Hi,

This past weekend, a couple of fierce thunderstorms hit my area. At around 11PM Sunday, everything died down, so I decided to go online. Windows said "there was no answer" so I checked the line. I picked up the fax machine on that line, and didn't get a dial tone. For some reason, I decided to unplug the devices on the line (there's a three-way splitter plugged into the wall jack) and plug them back in. The dial tone returned.
The long and short of it is that I think the modem attached to my desktop was damaged (US Robotics external) and the modem in my laptop may have been damaged as well. Both modems give me an error message, and afterwards the line is actually busy until I unplug the device that dialed. I brought home another modem for the work laptop and that worked, and I'm currently using the modem in my own laptop to connect.I don't mind buying another modem, but I'd like to try to fix this if I can. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=842194
Construction solution Video

Thank you.

Sprung  
Neue Seite 1

IN ZUSAMMENARBEIT MIT

www.ANDI´S-PC-FORUM.de

TEXTILDRUCK - BEFLOCKUNG - DRUCKSACHEN - BESCHRIFTUNGEN - AUFKLEBER

logo-schrift-werbung.de
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz